- Posted by Dextera MIS
- On November 30, 2016
Product Marketing Manager
Develop specific marketing plans and activities for product(s) or product line(s) to establish, enhance &/or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena. Develops marketing collateral, training modules, business plans and product positioning and messages in the marketplace. Working closely with cross-functional team members, this role has both tactical and strategic responsibility for supporting the achievement of revenue and income objectives. Gather customer input on current and future product designs. Lead marketing efforts in support of Dextera Surgical’s commercial strategy and execution, including new product development, product enhancement, pricing/packaging and market forecasting.
- Manage and lead the Product Management aspect of development projects, developing & implementing specific marketing plans for products &/or procedural applications.
- Develop marketing collateral materials including training modules.
- Provide marketing insight and direction to optimize new product launches. Recommend pricing strategies, and monitors budget and expenditures.
- Works with engineering, manufacturing and sales to develop new products or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s).
- Ensure product placement and development corresponds to market needs. May develop short and long-range strategies for product expansion.
- Research and analyze the medical market for new technology applicable to minimally invasive surgery.
- Oversee market research, monitor competitive activity and identify customer needs.
- Represent marketing & sales team on cross-functional team interfacing with product development, production and manufacturing to develop new products or enhance existing products or product lines.
- May organize global marketing training for products.
- Develop and evaluate new products or product enhancements with KOL’s, customers and engineers.
- Assist in product evaluations during product development stage and Evaluate product cycles for new products.
- Assist VP of Sales & Marketing in developing commercial product launches, working closely with various sales team members.
- Establish and continue communication between key departments such as, production, product development, engineering, education, Product Management, Marketing and sales.
- Responsibility of generating of part numbers, IFUs, brochures, data sheets, labels, packaging and other marketing materials.
- Interpret and translate scientific clinical data into commercial implications.
- Must have strong knowledge of how the medical device industry and health care market works and the ability to put that knowledge to use in driving successful product launches and commercialization influence.
- Must have extensive experience in MIS procedures, especially in thoracic, pediatric, solid organ, and general surgery.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate the short and long term vision for a MIS procedure, product &/or technology. Is able to see clearly what has to happen to make the procedure & product successful. Ability to inspire others to embrace, accept and support the vision.
- Conveys strong confidence, assertiveness and a bit of fun; along with excellent presentation skills and polished presence. Confident and strong enough to communicate their constructive discontent for the status quo.
- Excellent written skills.
- Minimum of eight (8+) plus years’ relevant experience in marketing & sales within the minimally invasive surgical industry. Three to five-years must be in progressive clinical marketing capacity with demonstrable success at driving increased revenue and market share as a result of marketing strategies, including reimbursement, & product positioning and pricing.
- Clinical marketing & sales expertise in the minimally invasive surgical instruments required.
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen.
- Experience with ISO, 510 (k) product & processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Candidates with MBA or relevant Master’s Degree in scientific or business discipline preferred/desired.
Special Working Conditions and Considerations
- May require 50 – 75% travel within US and globally; otherwise position is in an office-based, manufacturing facility & fast-paced headquarter office located in Redwood City, CA.